Medal or Jewelry Display


I have posted anything in a while so I wanted to share my latest project I just finished!

My sister's birthday was in November and I couldn't decide what to get her.  We recently began running a lot of half marathon and other races where we have received medals.  I thought I should make something for her to display them.  Of course I searched Pinterest and found lots of ideas.  Where I work, I have access to a lot of tools which helps a ton.

I found a 10 foot piece of trim that had come out of an old house.  I cut a 15 inch piece off of it.


I sanded it down the best I could, cleaned it, and gave it a fresh coat of paint I had that I used on my trim in my house.  My boyfriend had this stand made because he carved duck decoys and uses it to stand them up when painting them






I then drilled 5 holes in it centered as best as possible




I love Anthropologie's knobs they sell, but they are $8 a piece!  I got on Hobby Lobby's site and found they have the exact same knobs for a 1/3 of the price!

So I bought a variety of them and put them on the board.  I had to cut the back screws down because they stuck out so far.  Again, I had to use a bolt cutter that we had at work.  I bought some photo hangers and put them on the back to hang it on a wall.


Overall, I think it turned out really cute and I'm going to make one for myself also!

Comments

Popular Posts