Whole 30 Weekly Prep

Today I spent some time prepping for the upcoming week.  I didn't prep for every day, but I have my lunch made for the next two days, plus dinner marinating for tomorrow and veggies cut for Tuesday.

For tomorrow's and Tuesday's lunch, I made Mexican Tuna Boats.  I used Wild Planet Tuna that I found at Kroger.  It wasn't cheap considering the price of other tuna, but I love Wild Planet's sustainability approach and conservation work they do for the planet.  I will gladly pay more for a company that helps the planet.





I will post the recipe below for the Mexican Tuna Boats.




The prep took a long time and I didn't do the whole week.  I'm not sure if once I have a system down, it will go quicker, but I was pretty tired by the time I got done. 


Tomorrow night we will be having a flank steak and salad.  I made the marinade tonight so the steak can sit over night in it.  I also made a basic mayo with olive oil, eggs, mustard powder and lemon juice. 

Tuesday, I will make my lunch for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday which will be a spinach frittata.  I have already cut the onion and tomato for it, so I will save some time for that.  Tuesday I will also pick up my halibut and salmon for later in the week.  I will be buying that from a local fishery. 

So there are the few things I did for prep today.  I also measured myself and weighed myself today.  I am embarrassed to admit that I weighed 10 lbs heavier than I thought so this program could not have come at a better time.  I am now going to enjoy my last glass of red wine for the next 30 days.  I will leave you with the Mexican Tuna Boats recipe.

Mexican Tuna Boats
Author: 
Prep time: 
Total time: 
Serves: 2
 
Ingredients
  • 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
  • 2 cans (5 oz. each) tuna, drained
  • 3 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Juice of 1.5 limes
  • ½ jalapeno, minced
  • 1 TBS minced cilantro
  • ½ tsp chili powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ⅛ tsp black pepper
  • 1 head of endive, separated into leaves
Instructions
  1. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork, leaving it slightly chunky
  2. Add the tuna to the bowl, flaking it apart with a fork and Mix to combine with the avocado
  3. Add the onions, juice of 1 lime, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, saltm and pepper. Mix well
  4. Spoon the tuna mixture into the endive leaves
  5. Sprinkle a dusting of chili powder
  6. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime over the top and serve

Comments

Popular Posts