Day 2

 Today is Day 2 and not a lot has happened yet!


I removed the germination cover to see how they looked and they look the same as yesterday!







Since not much is happening with the seeds yet, I will talk a little bit about the lighting.

I purchased a 4 lamp fluorescent fixture and I hung it off of S hooks with chain.  This way I can lower and raise the fixtures as the plants grow.  I hooked up an extension cord with a plug on the end and plugged it into an outlet I already had.  I will be adding a timer this weekend once I start keeping the light on a regular basis. 



The lamps are T8 (which means the diameter of the lamp) and I bought 2 different colored lamps.  One is a SP41 and the other is SP35.  The 41 is more of a cool white and the 35 is a warm white.  Doing this simulates natural daylight better than any one color could do.  I'm attaching a photo with the lights on, it is kind of hard to tell but the two 41 lamps are on the inside and the two 35 are on the outside.

 

Now, I work for an electrical contractor, so I am comfortable wiring fixtures.  I highly recommend you hire a professional to do any electrical work you will need done.  If you do decide to do it yourself, turn off the breaker and please be safe!

Let me know if you have any questions about my post!  Tomorrow I will be talking about the germination process.   


Comments

Popular Posts