Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone!  I celebrated by buying a bunch of plants for my yard!

Aquilegia x caerulea 'Origami Pink and White'
I bought this columbine.  I planted it in a partly shaded area by my front door. 

I bought a clematis plant for this little trellis I bought.  Unfortunately my boyfriend threw out the tags before I was able to write down what I got!  Ugh, men!

Salvia  'May Night' and Coreopsis lanceolata

I also bought a Salvia plant and Coreopsis plant for my wildflower garden behind my fence.

Along with the plants I bought, I also bought a rain barrel for the first time.


I bought it at Hay Needle.  I love it because it has a planter on top, so I can put flowers on it.

We put it on bricks to help pull the water out with the hose.  Of course it hasn't rained at all since I got it!  I'm hoping for rain!

I also bought a pretty planted for the front entry, it's really looking like spring now!

Lupine
Another sign of spring... Lupine!  I love the talk spikes, they remind me of an old cottage garden in England!

Lastly, I assembled my cold frame this weekend and put out the snapdragons and impatiens.  I put the snapdragons on top since they love the sun and the impatiens under them to shade those a bit.  I will leave them in here for a week and hopefully plant them next weekend.

What did you do for Earth Day?


Comments

Popular Posts