Master Gardener Intern

I am super excited to announce that I am officially a University of Illinois Extension Master Gardener Intern.  I took my final today and passed with flying colors!  I now have to do 60 hours of volunteering at local gardens and I will become a Master Gardener after that.

This is a really great program and I encourage everyone who is interested in gardening to consider doing this.  You will learn so much and meet so many people.  You can check out the Illinois Master Gardeners at: http://web.extension.illinois.edu/mg/.  If you're not in Illinois, just search your state's.

A couple of other exciting things that happened today are 2 of my hellebores have bloomed.

Helleborus 'Ivory Prince'
Helleborus 'Ivory Prince'
Helleborus
The first one is the Ivory Prince.  It was my first plant I bought, so I was really excited to see it bloom.  The second one I got from Michigan Bulb,  It was part of a variety I bought and they didn't say what the type was.  I love these flowers so much.  They are super hardy and one of the earliest flowers to bloom.  Normally, they would be blooming when there is still snow on the ground, this year threw them off a bit.

Just wanted to announce my Master Gardener news!  I didn't get the cold frame out today because it was so windy and we're supposed to get bad storms tonight, I didn't want it to blow over.  Hopefully next Saturday!

Comments

Popular Posts