Native Wildflower Garden

Hello everyone!  My hard drive crashed on my laptop so I haven't been able to post!  I'm stealing my boyfriends computer while he's gone to write this one :-)

I got some plants from Thyme After Thyme to plant in my native wildflower garden behind my fence.  If you recall, this is what it looked like before:


Very plain and not a lot going on besides some weeds when we don't take care of it.

I did a lot of research to buy native plants that won't be invasive and that will attract pollinators and hummingbirds.  This is some of what I got:
Eupatorium dubium 'Baby Joe'
Baptisia australis - False Indigo
Asclepias tuberosa - Butterfly Weed
Echinacea purpurea 'Crazy Pink'
I planted all of these along with the wildflower seeds I purchased before.  I'm hoping they start to geriminate soon! 

My seeds are still doing awesome, some of the impatiens have actually started to flower.  I will get some photos up on my next blog post.  I'm hoping to harden them off next weekend and get them planted outside in 2 weeks. 

Just a little update, hopefully I can get a longer blog post once I get my new computer!

Comments

Popular Posts