Whole 30 Day 2 - What Have I Done?!

Just kidding... it isn't that bad!

I start Day 2 by oversleeping by 10 minutes.  I don't know how but I hit snooze in my sleep.  I think that's a sign I should try to go to bed earlier tonight.  It all worked out though.  I was nervous about making my breakfast and not having enough time, but today went a lot quicker.

I had three scrambled eggs and 1/4 cup of salsa today.  That was 1/4 cup less than yesterday and this is the perfect amount.  I've been drinking water with my breakfast.  I would really love orange juice, but I'm not sure if I can have it.  I will have to look into it a little bit.

I of course stopped for my black coffee from Eli's on my way to work.

About 9:15 I started to get hungry again.  I wasn't as hungry as I was yesterday, but too hungry to not eat something, so I had a key lime LaraBar to tie me over till lunch.

Luckily, I was bad working in the office today and I was pretty busy that it kept my mind off being hungry when I started to feel that way.

For lunch I had the second serving the Mexican Tuna Boats.  The endive started to get pretty wilty by today since I made it two days ago.   I also had a handful of cherry tomatoes and carrots. 

After work, I ran to Fresh Market to get some snack type foods since I keep getting cravings.  I bought some almond butter, sweet potato chips, variety of nuts, etc.

When I got home, I was pretty hungry, so I decide to eat a banana before I headed to the gym and did Tabata.

When I got home about 6:30, that's when it all started to go downhill.  I made chicken breasts with a curry-tomato sauce.  It was only supposed to cook in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.  It ended up taking about an hour to cook.  I'm not sure what the issue was if the chicken breasts were a lot larger (thicker), than what I should have used, but I felt like there were some issues with my oven heating up.  Something just didn't seem right with it.

I was also cooking asparagus in my top oven at the same time, with that oven tends to cook a lot faster, so once those were done, I pulled them out and put the chicken in the top.

By the time I got to eat, I was pretty hungry and tired, so I wasn't in the mood to take any photos or post this.  The chicken was fine, but I probably won't make it again.  After dinner I pretty much showered and went to bed, hoping to start fresh the Wednesday. 


Comments

Popular Posts