Whole 30 Day 1

Day 1... Whole 30 calls it the "No Big Deal/What Have I Done?" Day

Today was my official start of the Whole 30.  It was probably a bad day to start because I ended up working from home so there were a lot of temptations.  I had a few "What Have I Done?!" moments.

I started my morning about 5:20 when I got up and made scrambled eggs and topped with salsa.  I cooked 3 eggs in coconut oil with a little Himalayan salt and pepper.  I topped with some Local Folks Salsa, which I got at the local farmer's market.

The salsa was excellent, it added a ton of flavor to my eggs.  I will need to cut back a little bit (I used a half cup).  It was a little much and it needs to last me all week.

I stopped at Eli's Coffee Shop on my way to work because I do that every day.  Luckily, I already drink just plain, black coffee so I don't need to make any changes there. I went into work for about an hour and a half and left at 8:30 to meet the cable guy.

While I sat a home working, around 9am I started to get hungry, which I eat at this time every day.  I had a Cherry Pie Larabar.  Larabars are a great snack, they literally contain fruit and nuts and thats it.  They are super healthy and great for energy.


I decided to eat lunch at 11:30.  I usually eat around this time most days and the cable guy STILL hadn't shown up and I was tired of working.  I had the Mexican Tuna Boats that I talked about yesterday, a handful of cherry tomatoes and a handful of carrots.  I also drank Kombucha, which I make my own.  I felt content when I was done, but not full.

Around 2:30 I started to get restless.  I'm not sure if I was bored from working at home but I started to feel hungry.  I broke and had some peanuts, which I know now are not good.  It was the best thing I had at home that I felt like if I was going to eat something I shouldn't, they were the best.  You can have nuts, but peanuts are not on the list of nuts.  I have plans to go to the store tomorrow to get better snack food so I don't do that again.

Around 4:30 I took a walk with my sister.  It was good to get out of the house to focus on other things rather than feeling hungry.

At 5:30, I began to prepare dinner.  I marinated a flank steak last night in olive oil, lemon juice, onion, garlic, cilantro and mustard powder.  I also took 3/4 cup of the basic mayo I made last night and mixed it with cilantro and garlic to make a cilantro-lime mayo.


I cut up some cherry tomatoes and a yellow bell pepper and put it on top of a bed of lettuce, spinach and kale.





I topped with the flank steak and drizzled on the mayo.  I have to say it was really delicious.  I was surprised I liked it and I would highly recommend it.








This was my day in a nutshell.  I had some ups and downs, but its good to figure out my weaknesses and find ways to fix them.  Things can only go up from here, right?!

Whole 30 says tomorrow will be the "hangover".  I may have a headache, be sore, foggy.  They say its your body adjusting to not consuming sugary foods.  I will be curious what happens because I don't eat a ton of sugary foods on a daily basis.  I don't drink soda, my coffee is black, I usually don't have any kind of dessert throughout the day.

I will let you know what happens though!

Comments

Popular Posts