21 Days Already?!

It's been 21 days since I first planted my seeds.  I can't believe it, time flies when your having fun!  The seedlings are all doing awesome.  I'm not sure how they are doing compared to the average Snapdragon and Impatien seedlings.  Can anyone share their experience with growing them and if mine seem like they're right on track?

I'm also noticing more true leaves popping up on both Snapdragons and Impatiens.

Impatiens True Leaves

Snapdragon True Leaves
I feel my snapdragons are getting too crowded, so I know I need to pinch some of the smaller less dominate ones out.  I'm afraid to do this however, I don't want to hurt all of the seedlings!  I was told, don't pull them out, take some small scissors and snip them out.  If you pull on them, you may pull up more than you want.

Snapdragon side - definitely getting crowded
Impatiens side - still room for growth
Tomorrow I am going to the Chicago Flower and Garden Show.  I am super excited about this, I've never been to something like this before.  It looks like there are a ton of learning opportunities and tons to do and see.  I will bring back any information that I learn to you! 

I would love some feedback!  Is anyone else trying to grow seedlings right now?  Are you successful or are you having difficulties?  Also, like I said earlier, if anyone has grown snapdragons or impatiens before, I would love any advice you may have!

Comments

Popular Posts