Round 2

I decided to start my next round of impatiens tonight along with the hosta seeds I was given.  I'm going to show a step by step of what I did to get it set up.
Just as a reminder from a previous post, this is what I ordered.  I got this at Menard's or you can order them at Burpee.  I actually didn't care for this one as much as the first one I bought.  This one has more cells, so the pellets were smaller and more difficult.  They had to be flat, otherwise they wouldn't grow right. 

You put the stands in first and place the blanket over the top and moisten it some. 

You then put the cells over the blanket and begin to water each one to make it grow.  It will make some crazy noises when you do this!

You then put a seed or 2 in each cell, fill the bottom with water until it reaches the blanket, and put the germination cover on.  Pretty easy and quick.

Snapdragon seedlings
My snapdragons seem to be growing daily.  I'm noticing some more true leaves coming off of plants that already have their first pair.

Impatien Seedlings
I have a few more impatiens coming up, but I think for the most part, this is what I'm going to get.  They're doing well, I just don't have as many as the snapdragons.

On an even better note, the weather here in central Illinois has been AMAZING!  Spring has Sprung!

Tulips 
I have so many different flowers coming up!

Hyacinths 
Crocus and Tulips

I even have some color!

Crocus 

Crocus 
I love this time of the year!  I love looking to see what I have coming up and remember what is what from the previous year.  I'm excited for my seedlings to get ready for me to transplant, I know I have a while, I wish they would hurry up though!

Comments

Popular Posts